Monday, April 14, 2008

What do you know, it's Monday and I don't feel like jumping off a cliff

The weather is going to be nice today. You notice I said GOING TO BE. It is a cold bastard out there right now. 28 degrees is not the best way to start a morning. But like the old saying goes in sports, "It's not how you start, it's how you finish". It is going to be 57 today.

5 more classes to teach before I am done. I have three Monday night classes to do and 2 Wednesday night classes. It will be good to be done even though it has been a pretty good semeseter.

There are 7 weeks of school left. 34 school days before summer. It is the final countdown and I hope it goes smoothly. Once again they took the rest of my budget to cover deficits elsewhere so we won't have to worry about early summer projects. If the weather is good and work is calm, it could be a pretty good ride until summer break. That is a big IF.

Jess has a track meet tonight. I have to teach so I won't be able to attend. That kind of sucks bu what can I do. She also has another track meet on Thursday but it is supposed to rain so who knows about that one.

Drew has a track meet Friday and then another one on Monday. He also has his first baseball game next week. It should be interesting since they haven't practiced much.

I can hear the birds singing outside. They must be happy or just cold. I can't tell but they are loud.

Off to start my day.