Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mother Nature blows!

If you are into wind energy, today is a day you would love. It is a constant 20-25 mph wind. When I say constant, I mean CONSTANT. No gusts, just a constant wind like you are riding on a motorcycle at 25 mph.

So here is the deal. The weather people, lying bastards that they are, gave us all the impression that this week was going to be awesome. Sunny, warm, wonderful. So as we were grinding out the week of rain and cold last week, we were able to cling to images of fun in the sun for this week. Well, it is sunny and warmer, but this wind SUCKS! Tonight, tomorrow and Friday....RAIN! I hate this.

Drew had a track meet last night. He did high jump and the open 800. Although he didn't place, he did do pretty well. I think he can run the 800 but really needs to work on his conditining.

Today there is a career fair at the high school. I think they have 60 presenters. They all have specific technology needs of course so we will most likely have a busy morning. I also have a department meeting this morning.

This afternoon I have an Adjunct Council meeting and then I teach class. Only two more classes as West campus for the semester. I have the final ready so today we do a kind of final prep. Four hours of review and exercises.....whoo-hooo!

Jess is supposed to have a track meet Thursday but with the rain coming, we will have to wait and see. She leaves for Minneapolis Friday night for her last volleyball tournament. The play 8 am Saturday morning.

Drew has a track meet Friday, opening ceremonies for baseball sometime this weekend and then another track meet Monday.

I have this haunting feeling that we are going to go from cold weather to super hot. No Spring, just Winter to Summer. I hate it when that happens. It seems we are losing our Spring and Fall more and more each year. Last Fall was a bust. It was hot and humid for a long time and then it got cold and rainy very quick and now we are in mid April and still no out of the weathe funk.

Maybe next week will be better.