Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hell's Kitchen kicks butt

The wind is kickin and the sun is shining so it is kind of a mixed bag today. I wonder how I would start my blog if I lived in California. It is always sunny and nice so the weather would never really be a topic. I guess my blog would be a bit shorter if I lived in a place where the weather was great every day. Kind of like heaven.

Jess had a track meet last night. She jump 15 feet in the long jump which is a pretty good jump for her and ended up 4th. Not the place she wanted but it was points for the team and that is good. She got 1st in the open 400, 1st in the open 800 and 1st in the sprint medley relay. So at the end of the day she has 3 golds and a 4th.

She said it was windy so her time wasn't great in the open 400. She ran 61 seconds which is a couple seconds off her pace. She won by quite a bit so there wasn't anyone pushing her. The same with the 800, she won by 50 yards.

Class went pretty well last night. We covered the rest of the material and were done by 8:30. The students were happy to get out early and I was suprised we went through it so quickly. The exercises I had them do were only taking them 25 minutes and I blocked out 45 minutes for them.

It is kind of tough to gage that kind of thing. If I don't allow enough time, we don't cover the material and if I block too much, then we end up like we did last night. Oh well. Two more Monday night classes and it is over.

Drew has a track meet tonight. He is doing the high jump. He has pretty good form, he just needs to get UP a bit better. That is the only event he is doing.

I received the schedule for Jess' volleyball tournament this weekend. They play Saturday morning at 8 am so they will have to leave Friday night after practice. It would have been nice for them to play Saturday afternoon so they wouldn't have to have had a hotel room Friday night.

Not much else going on.

Off to start Tuesday.