Friday, April 18, 2008

I think my neighbor is building an ark but he aint Noah!

The rain continues to fall and so do our moods. It does look like Saturday and Sunday are going to be ok but once again, the week ahead shows rain throughout. This sucks!

Track meet was cancelled yesterday. Drew has a meet tonight but my guess is that it will be cancelled as well. I would have to look but I think over half of our track meets have been cancelled this year. I thought we were headed for a big drought of some kind this year. I guess that prophet was an idiot.

So Drew is doing a claymation project in art class. The create clay figures put them in a pose, take a picture, move them a bit-take another picture and so on until they are done. Then they run the pictures through the computer at a high speed so it looks like motion. Kind of what they do with cartoons. Anyway, he is in a group with three Hispanic boys and they were going to make a scene of sneaking across the border and getting caught by the border patrol.

How funny is that? The teacher ended up nixing the idea and told them it sent the wrong message. They had created two guys that were to sneak across the border, the fence, a border partol guy and a border patrol dog. They also had a cactus in the scene. Since they had to change it, the turned it into a volleyball scene. The fence is the net, the dog is sitting watching, the two illegals are on one team and the border patrol guy and the cactus are on the other team.

Drew was disgusted she wouldn't let them do it the way they wanted. They have an Oscar program at the end of the year where they show the claymations and kids vote for their favorites. Drew said all the Hispanic kids would have voted for their so he thought they would have won. Too funny.

Jess leaves for Minneapolis tonight and plays first thing tomorrow morning. I hope they do well. There is opening ceremonies for baseball tomorrow at the gym and then he has a track meet Monday.

I found out Toys R Us is getting 30 Wii game stations in Sunday morning. The store opens at 10 so I think I will head up at 9 so I can get one. Drew got gift cards for Christmas to cover the cost and he wants a Wii. I am taking his gift cards to use and will give him the cash equivalent so he can get it. He doesn't know yet.

Ok, off to start my weekend.