Monday, April 21, 2008

I think elevator music can make you go crazy!

It was a very quick weekend with all kinds of activities.

Jess played in her volleyball tournament and is still playing today. They won their brackets on Saturday and Sunday and then Sunday night had to play in a challenge round to see if they were playing for the championship today or not. They lost in three games. This means they will get no worse than 30th out of 146 teams. They play in the Silver round today.

Drew had baseball pictures Friday night, Opening Ceremonies for baseball Saturday night and then we played in a father son scrimmage yesterday at 1. It lasted about two hours and we had a good time.

We also ran up to Des Moines and bought a Wii. Drew had money for Christmas and he has been wanting a Wii but we just havent been able to find one. Well they had 80 of them at ToysRUs and we got one.

The weekend went quick but it was good. The weather was nice yesterday and I am not sure about today. My cable for the local stations is not working so I am not sure of the forecast.

I have a couple meetings today and I teach class tonight. Only three total classes left. I teach tonight and then Wednesday and next Monday are just giving the students the final exam.

Gas prices are continuing to just go up and up. It cost me $38 to fill up yesterday. It used to cost me 28 then 32 now, 38. This sucks!

Drew and I also bought this singing game. It has two microphones and is for playstation 2. It has all kinds of 80's songs and it is kind of like karioki and it plays the video in the background. It is kind of fun. It tracks your pitch and gives you points and a rating. Drew and I played last night and it was funny. I think you are probably better playing if if you are drunk. I think the kids will have fun with it. We probably need to get a game where they music would be more familiar to them.

Jess finishes up her volleyball tournament today and should be returning home tonight. Drew has a track meet tonight but I am not sure if the weather will allow it to happen. Damn rain!

Ok, of to start my Monday!