Thursday, April 24, 2008

Even people on Survivor get an unlimited supply of RICE!!!

Ok, I am really tired today. I taught class Monday night, went to Jess' track meet Tuesday night and last night taught my final class at the DMACC West campus. The students took the final and two of them took the WHOLE 4 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE TEST!!!! I left the classroom at 10:05. Ugh! 40-45 minute drive home and now up early to start my day.

The weather is back to being crappy today. Rain and wind.Drew is supposed to have a track meet tonight but I guess it will depend on the weather.

The good news for today is that I don't have any meetings. It is also the last day of school for the week so that is good too. Once I get over being so tired, life will be much better. I might skip my workout this morning and just drink coffee.

While I was sitting in the classrrom for 4 hours last night, waiting for the students to complete the test, I was surfing the web and came across some very funny and odd items.

Some animal rights organization has a contest with a winning prize of 1 million dollars for the company or person that can make meat from genetic material. So get this-they would use stem cells from animals to create a piece of meat - not the animal, just the meat. A genetically created ribeye....What the hell!!!! The wouldn't be killing an animal, just creating a specific piece of meat from the genetic material from the animal. That sounds really messed up to me. I probably would eat it anyway.

I also found out we are in a huge food shortage. Did you know this? Where the hell have I been? Costco and SAMS are limiting the amount of rice and grain you can buy? What! Should I stock up on that kind of stuff? It seems very hard to believe in the society we live in today that we could have a food shortage but apparently it is as bad as it has been since WWII. Again-Where the hell have I been that I haven't heard of this before?

It is trash day--grrr

Ok, I am off to start my day. Save a bag a rice for me!