Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!!!!

It was rainy overnight but it looks like it might be a decent day today. The rain is supposed to be done by this morning and then we will have some clouds and some sun but dry. I will take it!

Class went ok last night. The students struggled a bit with the applications, which isn't really a suprise because they were to worried about Prom and screwing around when we covered the material. I think they are kind of crapping themselves now. I wish them well on Monday.

Jess got back from Minneapolis last night. They lost in the first round of the playoffs. It wasn't a big suprise because thier best hitter missed the match because she had a track meet yesterday. The volleyball season is officially over. The experience was good for her. I think she is sad that it is over but it was time to be done.

Drew ran in a track meet last night. He ran the open 100----what the hell! He also ran the 4x100, again------what the hell! He had fun so that was what mattered. I guess on the bright side...no matter how slow you are, you can only lose in the 100 by a relatively small margin.

Tonight, Drew has a baseball game in Grimes and Jess has a track meet in Adel. I think the weather is going to cooperate so we will have a chance to actually get these in.

We are getting closer and closer to the end of the school year. I think there are 20 something school days left. The last day of school is May 30.

We don't have school on Friday. It is a full day teacher's insevice. The kids really like that. Well, there is a bit of a catch. There is a track meet that night. Jess is not so happy about that one. I think she just needs something to complain about or she isn't happy.

Wednesday is my last night of class at the West campus for the semester. That group will do well on the Final. They seemed to breeze through the practice test and they are all good students. I don't think it will be a problem. I will kind of miss that group. They are all pleasant and a joy to be around. I will be happy to be done teaching for the term but I will miss the people.

I had a lady come up to me the other day and thank me for teaching my classes. She said she took an applications class from me a couple years back and the skills she learned in that class enabled her to get the job she has now. She told me she would have never been hired if she hadn't been able to demonstrate her computer skills and she learned those skills in my class.

It is kind of nice to know I helped someone. It is also nice to know that the things I am teaching are actually sinking in to people.

Off to start the day.........Do something for Mother Earth today!

Remember - You don't have to do everything, just do something.