Friday, April 25, 2008

You know what?......This sucks!

Friday is finally here and it comes with a mixed bag of emotions. Yes, it is Friday and it is a teacher's inservice day so there aren't any student or classroom issues to deal with, however; I have to setup a laptop cart and for the morning staff development session and I have a meeting later in the day to go over a computer based test we are giving on Tuesday of next week.

It is also raining like a bastard outside right now. The lying weather lady says it will be done this morning some time but it may just be humid after. I have the windows open in the house this morning and it seems kind of humid. We will probably go from cold, rainy and windy to hot and humid. Apparently, Mother Nature is pissed about us warming her up.

Jess has a track meet tonight and I think it will be a go. The weather should be better after lunch. It is only going to get up to 50 and we might have some wind but it should be good enough for a meet.

So Jess and I were playing Wii last night and we were bowling. Jess goes to through the ball and Molly jumps in front of her and Jess accidentally smacks her in the head with the contoller. Well, the controller was damaged and didn't work after that. I finally smacked it on the floor a couple times and it seems to be working ok now. Molly's head is fine. Stupid ass dog.

I don't have any plans for the weekend. I do plan to go into work for a bit and then maybe some yard work if the weather holds. It is supposed to rain Saturday night.

Monday is the last night of my DMACC instruction for the semester. It kind of sucks because I am just giving the final and Jess has a track meet. I would like to go to the meet but I have to give the dang final. This is a make-up track meet so it wasn't scheduled on this date. Oh well, I get to see plenty of track.

Drew had a track meet last night and ran the 4x100 relay. It was a slow heat and they came in last. He was the anchor and he said they were so far behind when he got the baton, that he didn't have a chance.

Jess has her regional meet in Atlantic, Iowa so if any of you can come out and watch, she would really, really like that. It is about a half an hour East of Des Moines so it is as close to the Nebraska border as we get for a meet. Since it is the regional meet, it will be the meet that she will qualify for state. The competition should be competitive so it really will be a good meet to go to. It is on a Friday and I think it starts at 4 pm. The date is two weeks from today. I think it is the 10th of May. If anyone can make it, let me know and we can make plans.

State would be the weekend after that.

Ok, off to start the weekend!

Oh! GO BIG RED...I hear the spring game was great!