Monday, February 11, 2008

Today is more like and apple

The weekend was a busy one. Jess played in Carroll Friday night, they lost and I think she had 7 points. I can tell that Jess is ready for the season to be over. The one good thing that came out of the night was the coach and the assistant pulled Jess aside and told her she was the best athelete they have seen since they won the state championship and that they are expecting her to be the leader of the team and an all-state player by her senior year.

Saturday, Jess had a volleyball tournament in Des Moines. They played 6 total games and won the tournament. They went undefeated and didn't even drop a game. She was pretty excited but I think they were all tired so there wasn't a whole lot of celebrating going on.

Drew had a basketball tournament on Saturday and Sunday. He won two and lost one on Saturday and then lost again on Sunday. He had a good time and I think they are going to play in a couple more tournaments.

Next week, Jess plays in a tournament in Omaha. Over 400 teams are going to be there and they play at the QWest center. It should be a fun time for her.

I teach class tonight and am not really looking forward to it too much. I am not sure why but it seems like a lot to teach in a night.

I have a meeting with the Superintendent today. Mostly just normal meeting stuff. I meet with him a couple times a month.

My mood is better today. Friday was rough. I go through that from time to time but always come out the other side eventually.

Mom - If you are reading this, could you send me Angies, telephone number in an email? I need to confirm with her it is ok for me and Drew to stay with them for the tournament this weekend.

Off to start my 14 hour day!