Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How do stupid people get into positions of authority?

Monday was a long day but it is finally over. On to Tuesday.

Class last night seemed to take forever. We are working in the Office package right now and I have them do a resume project in the book. I show them the skills they need to know prior the the project and they follow the steps in the book to complete the project. It took the whole four hours, actually 3 1/2. It was pretty dull for me but they all agreed they like that better than the lecture type of class.

I don't think I have anything on the agenda for today which is good. Sunday night I had a bit of insomnia and was up at 1am. Last night I didn't get home until 10 even though I let class out around 9:30. I had a student stay after class and wanted to talk to me about the Army. She was thinking of joining and wanted some information on what it was like. I told her to make SURE that is what she wanted to do because it is a serious committment. Sometimes I think the kids just want someone to talk to.

It will be good to have the evening off. I may go to bed a bit early, I guess I will have to wait to see how things go today.

We got a dusting of snow last night and they got quite a bit up north. I see school delays on the tv but we aren't included in that. We didn't get that much at all. For some reason we seem to be in this "belt" across Iowa that seems to miss the bad stuff. They have had huge snow falls to the north and south of us but we seem to have missed almost all of the big snowfalls so far this year.....(Picture me knocking on wood).

High school track practice started yesterday. Jess wont have to attend until basketball season is over. The coaches are giving them a week off after their last game. It will probably be Wednesday so she won't have to practice until a week from then. My guess is she wills start on Monday if she is back from the volleyball tournament in time. Last year after the first practice, she came in the house and proclaimed "Shoot Me Now!!!". We will see how this year goes.

Drew doesn't start track practice for a few weeks so he is enjoying a little down time right now.

Hopefully the day goes well.