Friday, February 15, 2008

I can't believe I am having writers block for the stupid title

Friday is here and it comes with a bit of mixed emotions this morning. I am very happy it is Friday. Typically people leave us alone at the office and are just ready for the weekend to begin and I don't have any meeting scheduled. I am also looking forward to being able to sleep-in tomorrow morning. By the end of the week I seem to be about drained. Saturday morning will be my chance to catch up.

On the other hand (Kind of a reference from "Fiddler on the Roof") Jess has a tournament in Omaha this weekend and it is going to be a long weekend. I really enjoy watching her play but my back and butt really get sore from sitting in bleachers all day.

Drew is feeling well again. Thank Goodness! I came home last night and he had the normal look in his eyes and seemed to be just fine. He needed a shower and all but he looked like he was back to his old self. Now he gets to go to school and pickup all of his homework for the weekend.

Jess has the Sweetheart dance tonight. She went to Des Moines last night and got a dress. I asked her why she couldn't use her homecoming dress and she said that was "out of the question", one of her friends told her the other day she specifically remembers her dress from homecoming so I guess that makes it taboo to wear ever again.

At least she doesn't spend much on the dresses. I think the one they bought for tonight was $30 and it is her money. She works in her grandparents dental office on the weekends and has her own money. If she wants to spend it on a stupid dress for one night, whatever!

Drew and I had a nice night together last night. He was hungry of course from not eating much the last couple of days and he wanted, chicken rice. I make white rice and add butter and chicken base. The kids love it and he was hungry for that. I asked him what else he wanted and he said, "I am hungry for the rice and haven't though much past that". I made him a chicken breast and I had a steak, a tenderloin and it was wonderful. We watched a little tv and then he headed off to bed a bit early. I think he is still trying to get his energy back. I am betting the dinner helped.

I am planning on taking a bunch of pictures and some video at the tourament this weekend. I plan to post a bunch of stuff to the blog when I get back.

I hope everyone has a good, safe weekend. Stay warm (Did I mention the high today is going to be 4?) WHAT THE WHAT!!!!!!!!!