Monday, February 18, 2008

So why do people abuse rented mules?

I am really kind of disgusted that it is Monday. The start of the week is here. I teach class tonight and have the whole week ahead. Ugh!

Jess had her volleyball tournament in Omaha this weekend. It was at the QWest center, which is a very cool place. There are teams from all over the country at this tournament. I saw teams from Texas, Colorado, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas. There could have been teams from other states but these are the ones I personally saw. They also had recuiters from over 200 colleges.

On Friday we played teams from Colorado, Illinois, and Missouri. We won all of our matches and were seeded 1st going into Sunday. Yesterday they won their first match, lost their second match and then faced a very good team from Nebraska. They were the Nebraska Volleyball Academy and had two girls that are 6'2. We won the first game, lost the second and then lost the tie breaker game by two. We ended up seeded 3rd in Sunday's bracket. They will play for the silver medal today. If they lose, they are done. If they win and keep winning, I think the would play three games, they will play their last game at 1.

I hope they do well.

Drew and I went up Saturday morning and then came back Saturday night. The weather here was supposed to be really bad. Ice starting at midnight and then 7+ inches of snow on Sunday. Here in Perry the weather kind of fizzled out. We got a little ice but maybe an inch of snow. It kind of sucks that the weather didn't go as planned. I could have stayed for the games Sunday.

Both kids have tournaments next weekend. Drew plays in a basketball tournament in Boone and Jess playes in another volleyball tournament in Des Moines.

Track season starts for Jess on Tuesday. She will have her first practice. She also have volleyball practice that night at 7 so I am sure she will be grumpy. The first track practice is usually tough on the body so I am sure she will not be in the mood for volleyball.

I have some pictures of the volleyball tournament but Jess kept the camera with her for the weekend so I will post them tomorrow. They should be back tonight sometime. It kind of sucks that I teach class tonight because I wont be able to talk to her about the games.

Yesterday, Drew and I had a lazy day together. After Drew got up we went over to Nancy's, she made fresh cinnamon rolls...(They were awesome!), to get Molly. They puppy sat for us Saturday. After that we watched a little tv. We had lunch and then took a nap. For dinner we had fondue and hashbrowns and watched the American Gladiator finale. All in all a pretty good day.

Off to start Monday!