Friday, February 8, 2008

Sometimes life is like an onion, lots of layers and each one of them stink!

We had a split on the games last night. Drew's team won their game and Jess's team lost. The boys didn't play that well but the other team was pretty poor. The girls played terrible. I am not sure what the deal was but they seemed slow and tired. They just didn't play well. I think Jess had 4 points which is not a good night for her. She only shot the ball, maybe 8 times and most were inside. The refs weren't calling fouls underneath so that kind of hurt her game.

Tonight Jess plays in Carroll. It is the only team we have beaten this year so they have a chance. I guess it will depend on how they play. I was very grouchy last night so I came home after the girls game, ate a sandwich and went to bed. I haven't talked to the kids since they played so I don't know what they thought of the night.

I am a believer in bio-rhythms. I think we go through cycles in our day to day lives. Sometime we feel good and our attitudes are positive and other times the cycle changes to where we are down and sad or grouchy. I feel my mood changing to the down side. Grouchy, depressed, unhappy, the works. I hope this doesn't last long.

Jess and Drew both have tournaments this weekend. Drew plays in a basketball tournament Saturday and Sunday (Sunday if they win at least one game). Jess plays a volleyball tournament on Saturday all day. With my mood I really don't feel like going to either nor do I feel like going to the game tonight. I am sure I will go but I think I will kind of just keep to myself. (Flashbacks of Dad without the mean.)

My other plans for the weekend is to go into work for a bit Sunday morning an then go and snow blow the driveway at the other house. I also have a bunch of work to do for the classes I teach. It takes a lot of prep to teach just one day of a 4 hour class. Since I teach two of them, it is quite the load. Once I have gone through a semester and I kind of have an idea of how things go, it will be better but right now I am working as we go. Making tests, deciding what assignments to give and I need time to grade them so that plays a role if it is a paper.

Here is a list of emotions I am feeling right now:
  • Bald
  • Fat
  • Lathargic
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Depressed
  • Destitute
  • Overwhelmed
  • Underachieving
  • Helpless

I am sure this fog will clear but as of today, it is what it is. I just want to note it for future Rich.

Everyone loves a Friday.