Friday, January 25, 2008

How does this snow blow?....Let me count the ways.

The weekend is almost here. Friday is my favorite day of the week and I don't have any big plans for the weekend.

Jess has a game tonight and a game tomorrow. Both of these games are here in Perry so that makes it very easy.

They had a JV game last night and they won. I am not sure how it all went but Jess told me about it when she got home. She said she played well and scored some points. I really didn't ask too much about it. She was telling me that they went to the game in a suburban, which is like a station wagon but more like a truck, anyway the coach put 11 girls in this thing. 3 or 4 or them were sitting on laps and when the AD found out, he was ticked. Most of the girls got a ride home with their parents.

Drew and I had a nice evening together. We had tator tot casserole for dinner and watched a couple of episodes of "Chuck". He has a speech to give today. The topic he chose was Niagara Falls. They went there this summer on vacation so he decided that was something he was a bit familiar with. One of Drew's friends chose "Drew" as his topic and is giving a three minute speech about Drew. He thinks it is funny, so do I.

The basketball season will be coming to an end soon. I am kind of looking foward to it being over. The season kind of wears on the kids and you can tell when it is time for a new season and a new coach. Track is just around the corner and for Jess she will start the volleyball tournament season as well.

I have a bit of preparation to do for the classes I teach so I plan to do some of that this weekend. Since the classes are at different spots in the competencies, it is like lesson planning for two completely different courses. Not a big deal.

Off to start my day and weekend.