Monday, January 28, 2008

50's are a good thing!

It is a mixed bag today. Yes - it is Monday and the worst day of the week but the weather is going to be good. I think the high is going to be in the upper 40's and a chance to get to 50! I might be able to finally see my driveway by the end of the day.

I have an early morning meeting with the Superintendent today. I have a meeting with him every other week about nothing in paticular. It is just a chance to get together and talk about issues I have, update progress on projects and if he has anything for me, which he usually does, talk with me about that.

I teach class tonight. At this point in the morning I am not able to get too jazzed about it. I had a bit of insomnia last night and then when I did sleep, it was terrible. I had the stranges dreams and they were terrible so I kept waking up, which would start the cycle over again. Awake and not able to sleep, finally get to sleep, terrible dream, wake up......repeat.

Today was also the day I was going to start hitting the treadmill. My plan was to get up at 4:40 and make coffee, let Molly out, use the bathroom, stretch and then treadmill for 30 minutes. Well, it didn't quite work out today. I woke up as scheduled but my back was killing me. I had a hard time putting on my shorts. I think this is from playing volleyball last night and now I am having a hard time moving around. In my mind I also have about 30 other reason NOT to get on the treadmill, I am going to have to get past that to get back in shape.

The week ahead looks like this: Today I teach class, tomorrow Drew has a game, Wednesday I teach class, Thursday nothing, Friday Jess has a game.

The basketball team is still struggling. Satuday the coach yelled at Jess pretty good. I think he has too high of standard for her this year. He doesn't really yell at anyone else when they make a mistake but if Jess does, he really gets on her. He told her he thinks she can be an "All State" player but she won't be one if she doesn't want to go out. The season is almost over and I think everyone is very happy about it.

Drew went to a dance Saturday night. He said he didn't dance with a girl but I am not sure if I believe him. He said he had a good time and that is what matters.

If the weather wasn't going to be so good today I would really be grumpy. I am tired and the coffee isn't helping much today and it is Monday. The weather is what I am hanging on to.

I hope things are going well for everyone.