Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The day formerly known as "hump day"

Cold it the word of the day. -1 right now and the wind chill is close to -20. Whoooo!

Drew has an early morning practice and I dread the walk to the school. Hats, gloves and bundled up.

I teach class tonight. I really don't mind so much. I look forward to my first class at the West campus. It is kind of a drag to have to drive so far but I listen to the radio and will try to use that time as "my time".

We had an early out yesterday at school. The kids got out at 11:15 becuase of the blowing snow. Today things are on track, it is just cold as heck.

Nancy gets the pleasure of going to the dentist today to get a root canal. She is actually going to one of those clinics that only does root canals so I am not sure if that is a dentist or an oral surgeon or what. Anyway, she has a fund day ahead.

It sure will be nice for Spring to get here. I think we are a long way away from it but it will eventually get here. I am sure in a few months I will be complaining about the humidity. Such is life.

I wrote the govenor yesterday. He is proposing raising our bottle deposit from 5 to 10 cents and only returning 8 cents when you take them to the recycle center. To me this is basically a TAX. As I was watching the new yesterday it really bothered me that the economy is so bad and he is wanting to increase our taxes and the tax he is proposing would hit middle and low income families the hardest. In any event, I wrote him an email, very respectful of course, but expressing my concern with this proposal. I guess we will see if I get a response.

Off to start my day.