Thursday, January 24, 2008

Why do I believe that everyone who doesn't think like me is an idiot?

To say it is cold today is a bit of an understatment. -12 degrees, what the what!

I went to meet the instructor and teach my DMACC class last night. I wasn't sure how it was going to work. I had no idea where they were at or what they were doing so I was hoping he would either teach the class or get to a point where I could take over and move from that point forward.

He was planning on teaching the class last night, which was fine, so I met with him and went over the material he has covered to this point. I read the syllabus and stayed for the first hour and a half of class. I talked to the students a bit and then told them what to expect next week. He has a test for them to take next week so they will do that. At that point it will be my class to do as I please.

It should be a pretty good experience and the classrooms they use are awesome! The setup is very cool. They have a computer with a projector. It projects to a smart board which allows me to use my hand on the board like a mouse. They also have a white board off to the side that allows me to write or highlight info. It is a very nice setup. I think I will try to model this at our school.

It was a short night. I got home a littl after 8. It is a 70 mile round trip to the DMACC West campus so it is good that they pay mileage.

Nancy is taking the day off today. She has to take Dave to the doctor and will be gone most if not all of the day. I hope it isn't to hectic today while she is gone. I have some things I want to get off my list and I really don't want to deal with the phone.

Drew has an early morning practice and Jess has a JV game in Adel tonight. I am not sure if I am going to the game. She will only play two quarters because they are only allowed so many quarters in a year so varsity players can only play two quarters of JV. I am not sure I want to travel to Adel for two quarters. It is going to be cold and gas isn't cheap. I may go though, who knows.

Did I mention how awesome it is to have my teaching material? IT IS AWESOME! Handouts, presentations, video clips, test generator, answer key. I guess it is funny how little things in life can make a person happy. Such is life. Small victories.

Ok, off to start my day.