Monday, December 31, 2007

Last post of 07 - How the time flies

So Molly has decided that she likes sleeping with me at night. Here's the rub: SHE IS A BED HOG!!!!!

The weekend seemed to go by relatively slowly. I really didn't do anything that is worth talking about but I will review anyway.

Jess and I took down the Christmas stuff and cleaned the house. I did the dishes three times yesterday. I also made Drew's birthday dinner last night. The menu was shrimp alfredo with salad and garlic bread (Which I kind of burned). We also had an alfredo dipping sauce for the bread. It turned out pretty good. I am toying with the idea of making homeade noodles sometime to see how they turn out. If that happens, I will let you know.

It is New Years Eve today and Drew is having his birthday party. I think there are 7 kids coming over tonight. They were supposed to go to Dawn's parents house but for some reason they are all coming here instead. I am not thrilled about it but I told Drew to make sure it doesn't get too crazy loud. At least they can just play in the basement. I told Dawn to pick up about 5 Papa John's pizzas for tonight. I haven't tried that kind of pizza before and I hear it is really good. They make it and you bring it home and bake it. It is less expensive than Pizza Hut or Breadeaux and about the same price as Casey's.

Jess is going to three New Years Eve parties tonight. She has a friend Cole Brant that is having a get together so her and Katlyn are starting there. After that one they are headed to the FCA party and then to another party. The last one is an all girls party and the basketball team will all be there so that is where they are really spending NYE. They are just making appearances at the other two. Oh, the busy life of a high school student.

The sports activities pick up pretty rapidly this week. Jess has a scrimage here in Perry this morning. Both kids have games Friday night and both are away. I am not sure if I am going to Drew's game becuase it starts so early and I will wait to see about Jess's game. Saturday Jess has a game here in Perry and Sunday she plays in her first volleyball tournament.

I have an orientation for DMACC instructors on Saturday from 8-3 but should be back in time for the game. The volleyball tournament is a couple of hours away so we are driving up Sunday morning. They play at 9 so it shouldn't be a problem.

The break is winding down and school will be back in session before you know it. I am going to enjoy today and not think about that until Wednesday.

I hope you all have a good and SAFE new year.

More next year.