Friday, December 28, 2007

Foot wine makes me want to gag! I assume every wine I drink was crushed by a machine.

As each day passes I seem to be feeling a little better. Last night I ate dinner for the first time in three days and I didn't even crap in my pants afterwards, which is a dramatic and welcome improvement. I know, too much information but I had to put it in there because it made me laugh to read it.

Whatever I had, seems to have moved to my chest and lungs. I have a tightness and an ache when I breath. I cough and I feel it in my lungs.

Enough of the poor me stuff for now. I do however, reserve the right to wine in future postings. Like I said, I ate dinner last night. I made grilled chicken breasts for the kids and I had a steak. It was the first time I have tried one of the Flat Iron steaks mom gave me and I can honestly say that may have been the best steak I have ever eaten. I am not kidding either. We also have buttery rice and green beans.

Jess had her three hour practice yesterday and they practiced hard the whole time. She was completely wiped out yesterday. After practice she came home, took a bath, ate lunch and laid in bed the rest of the day. When I got home at 5 she we sleeping. She woke up to eat dinner and then laid on the couch the rest of the night. She was tired! They have a scrimmage this morning at Ft. Dodge and need to be at the school by 8.

Drew has practice today at 1. He got a call from the coach last night with the good news. I think he is happy to have practice. Sitting at home is ok but I think they get tired of it quickly when they can't play outside much. Drew's friends that he played with everyday, moved last week so he doesn't have anyone to hang out with in the neighborhood anymore. The main person he played with was a girl and he won't admit it but they were kind of boy friend-girl friend. As soon as he would get home from practice, she would be at the door wanting him to come out and hang out. Drew could have been in a dead sleep and if she came to the door, he would be outside in a minute to hang out with her.

It is Friday but I don't have the same enthusiasm I normally do for the end of the week. Break is great and the end of the week is almost a reminder that we are getting close to the end. School doesn't start back up again until Thursday but I can see the darkness of the tunnel approaching.

I need to note that something has happened to my brain over the last few days. With feeling terrible it seems that I have also gotten dumber. My brain isn't functioning correctly. Whatever wit, humor, and modest intuitive grasp of concepts I previously had has now seem to evaported. I was trying to do some simple calculations in my head yesterday and had to break out the calculator. I was working with vendors yesterday and they would ask as question that I normally would just snap off an answer and I had to think and then I am not even sure I gave them the right answer or even really an answer at all. I hope I snap out of this soon. If not, I will have someone take a picture of my stupid ass, eyes wide and a clueless expression on my face; maybe even my finger in my nose. I do take some solice in that fact that I notice this is happening.

I am not sure what the plans are for the weekend. I really need to get to the grocery store and I probably need to find a way to get the ice off of my driveway. It is really slick!

Off to start my day and weekend. More Monday!