Thursday, January 3, 2008

Time to elect a presidential candidate - Caucus 2008

Here we go....School is back in session today.

I am expecting a few little problems today. We did a bunch of reconfiguring this break and I would be very suprised if we come out of it clean. There will be some kind of issue today. Kids not able to access the web, phones in some classroom not working, etc.

Over the years I have learned that no matter how hard you try to prepare, there are always a few glitches coming out of a big project. This should be no different.

It is also Iowa Caucus day. I plan on doing my part and attending the caucus to cast my vote. It will be a first for me and it is easy to go because it is at the high school. There is a JV girls basketball game at the high school tonight so I will probably go over and watch that for a bit before I head to the caucus down the hall.

Drew has practice this morning. I think it will be good for him to get back into the swing of things. He has a game tomorrow in Winterset. I don't think I will go, it is about an hour away and they start at 4. I would have to leave work by 3 and it is just hard to get away that early.

Jess has a game Friday as well. She plays in Saydel. I am not sure if I am going to go to that game or not. I am temped because it is a Friday and I don't have any other plans.

Saturday I have orientation for DMACC instructors. It is an all day deal but gets over by 3. Jess has a game here in Perry at 4 so I should be back in time for that.

Sunday we have the first volleyball tournament of the year. She plays at nine so we will leave around 5:30. It is a little over 2 hours drive so I want to have plenty of time to get there and find the gym. The tournament is at the University of Northern Iowa.

It is good that it is Thursday. I would have to be looking at a full week of staff right after break. It is best to kind of ease into this sort of thing.

Friday is just a day away.