Friday, December 14, 2007

Is "Going Postal" still a term or has enough time passed that it has lost its meaning?

A colleague told me yesterday that he looks himself in the mirror every Friday and says "Nothing is going to happen today to ruin my weekend".

Our group is doing a book study about the impact of a positive attitude. This was his form of self assurance that Friday won't be the day from hell, and even if it is, he won't let it ruin his weekend. Probably not a bad thing. He says it works.

Mine would probably go more like this: "I won't let anything happen today that will push me over the edge and go postal on all the bastards that are stupid or simply suck."

The theme of the day is "Friday Good!".

Jess has a game tonight but I will be at my Christmas party so I will miss it. I am also going to miss her game next Tuesday because I have my orientation class. I guess I will see her play again after the first of the year.

January is going to be a busy month. I start teaching class, Jess has a bunch of games and at least one volleyball tournament, Drew has games and January typically has some horrible weather. Whoo-hoo!

One week until Christmas break. It is going to be good to have the time without staff and students in the buildings. I am really looking forward to it.

This weekend, I have to finish my Christmas shopping and go over the the house of first street to put in some lightbulbs and get the house back in order. I also need to take a look at the garage doors. One of them won't open at all and I need to try to get that working.

I was thinking about how it is going to kind of suck to be out in the garage working in the cold but this year has really been a crappy weather year. All I can really remember was REALLY HOT AND HUMID or REALLY COLD AND WINDY! A couple years ago I remember having a bunch of days just sitting out on lawn chairs enjoying the weekends. I don't think I did that more than a couple times last summer. Well we are only a few weeks away from a new year so maybe things will be better.

It is the time of year that we can start thinking about New Year resolutions. The one that comes to the top of everyones mind right away is LOSE WEIGHT. Not sure if that is going to happen but as of December 14th, it is still an option.

Ok, lets get through Christmas first.

More Monday!