Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas shopping and doing the Robot!

The ice yesterday was pretty bad. Everything has a nice coat of ice on it. If you take a look at it from a neutral perspective it is actually very pretty. The ice coated trees have a silver shine to them and the light reflecting off is one of the beautiful sights of nature in the winter.

On the bad side it took me 20 minutes to scrape the ice off of the windows of my car and the doors were frozen shut.

The day was relatively uneventful. The kids stayed home. Drew played outside in the snow. Jess had a "Optional" basketball practice at the rec center at 2 and then volleyball practice in Ankeny at 6. Drew and I took her to practice in Ankeny and did a little Christmas shopping. The roads were pretty good by then. The only problem I had was my windshield kept getting dirty and my washer fluid didn't work, so it was tough to see at times.

I was going to take a day off this week to go shopping but I got enough done last night that I should be able to finish up this weekend. I had to get gifts for my staff, we have our Christmas party Friday night. The rest of the gifts I don't have to have for another week or so.

School seems to be on schedule today. The roads are in pretty good shape. My guess is the biggest danger of the day is when you get to the school parking lot.

The school has a blood drive today. Nancy and I are regular donors and we have our appointment between 7:45 and 8:00. The student counsel sets this up. They close the gym and have the blood drive people come in and setup. They probably get between 300 and 400 people donating between all the teachers and the students that are eligible. It is nice because it is at work and I just have to walk down the hall to do a good thing. Jess isn't able to donate. She doesn't weigh enough and the coach would have a fit if they couln't run at practice. Heaven forbid they have an easy practice to help save some lives!

It was kind of nice not having school last night. It really broke up the week and now it is Wednesday and I feel pretty good. I also had a good time with the kids last night. Drew and I were in Super Target and listening to music on these cool headphones and I started "busting a move". He about had a fit. I was told that I can "do that ridiculous stuff at home, but PLEASE do not do it in public."

This kind of started the other night when Drew and I were watching TV and I got up and started doing the ROBOT. He said my version was lame so I had him show me his version. I must admit, his version was better and it reminded me of the "My Name is Earl" version. It was very funny. So anyway, I bust out the Robot for him now and again but apparently, in public is not appropriate.

Early out today and both kid have practice after school.