Monday, December 10, 2007

Brother Odd speaks words of wisdom

Two weeks until Christmas break. It seems like such a long time away yet when I look at all I have to do before then, it doesn't seem like enough time.

It is cold today, 12 degrees, and we are supposed to get ice and snow tomorrow. It is kind of a shame because it the weather pans out as the lying bastards predict, we will most likely not have school or have an early out. This means more game cancellations and Drew will have his second game in a row cancelled.

The girls got killed on Friday night. They lost by 35. I think the score was 65-30. Jess played well. I think she only got about 30 seconds of rest for the whole game. She was very tired by the end. She defends the other teams point guard and has to play full court defense on her all night. That really wears her down by the end of the game.

Drew is up this morning for his early practice. He really is good about getting up. Jess will probably be a bit tougher to get up. She had volleyball practice from 8:30 to 10:30 last night so it is a short night for her. She also went to the middle school gym and shot baskets while I was at volleyball. I shot around with her after volleyball and she beat me twice in PIG. That is a first! She was really hitting the three pointers.

Well, the Husker volleyball team got swept out of the regional playoffs Saturday. They lost to Cal and honestly they played like crap. It was on ESPNU and Jess and I watched it. It was a good lesson for Jess because she got to see what can happen to a team, even if they have the best talent in the nation, if they don't stay focused.

I have to get my Christmas shopping done this week and I am not sure when I will take the day off to get it done. I was planning on tomorrow but the weather is going to be crappy so I may have to change my plans. Maybe Wed or Thursday. I guess I will have to see how the weather goes.

For some reason, I have just been tired for about a month. I am tired all the time and I can't get rid of my cough. Yesterday, I slept in until 7, went and shoveled the driveway at the other house, when I came home, I went to bed, around 11:30 and slept until 2. Felt tired and like crap all day and went to bed by 9:30. I just feel wasted all the time and can't shake it. I am sure it will pass but I hope sooner than later.

Oprah and Barak Obama had a big shin-dig in Des Moines this weekend. I got a call on Saturday from one of the peopl in Perry that works with the campaing and he had a ticket for me to go if I wanted. I passed on the offer but it was nice to be invited.

Drew went to a birthday party this weekend. He stayed overnight Saturday and was home by lunchtime on Sunday. They love to stay up all night at these things so he came home and went to sleep. He slept until about 7. The life of a little boy!

I plan on taking my car to the shop today to get the radiator looked at. I decided to not take it last week when the weather was so bad.


Off to start my day.