Thursday, December 6, 2007

The garbage men want us to make their life easier. I say, shut the hell up and pick up the garbage!

There is snow headed our way today. The forecast, lying bastards, calls for 3 to 6 inches of snow this afternoon. It is supposed to start falling a little after lunch time and then an inch an hour for awhile.

The girls basketball coach is having practice this morning at 6:30 just in case we have an early out today. Once school is called off, they are not allowed to have any school events, which includes practice. He told them if school doesn't get called off they will just have two practices today.

Drew is supposed to have a game today but we will wait to see what the weather brings.

The Christmas season is rushing upon me. It is only a couple weeks until we are out for the break and I really haven't given Christmas a thought. No gifts purchased as of yet, no plans on what I am going to buy for people. I am way behind. Go figure, right?

I need to take my car to the shop today. My radiator is leaking and I need to get it checked. I can't wait until too long becuase I will be traveling pretty soon and need to make sure my car is in good enough shape to make it.

I figure God has an exceptionally cruel sense of humor or karma has a bad way of sneaking up on a person. When you don't have money issues, life just seems to hum right along. Your car runs well and the house doesn't need repair and things just seem to be fine. Have a month or two where money is tight; the car breaks down, the house needs repairs, the weather changes so utility bills go up. Kind of like giving you a nice kick when you are down.

I sometimes wonder what the wealthy have to worry about. Maybe the little problems life brings, maybe the fear of losing it all. Maybe I am so far removed from that type of life that I just can't comprehend the crisis life could bring that couldn't be soothed by a trip to the old beach house. I am sure they suffer from disease and deaths, but no more than the rest of us poor slobs.

I have been reading a book about poverty and how people in different classes have different "rules" for living. Most of the book focuses on the difference between poverty and middle class, not much is said about the wealthy. Probably because they rarely have "Real" life issues.

Maybe one day, I will be sitting at the beach house, wonder how the other half could possible live without "this view".

Off to start my day!