Monday, December 17, 2007

Frankly, I don't think you know what you are talking about!

The start of the week is once again upon us. This week is a short week, however; so that seems to make today more bearable.

We start Christmas break on Friday. There is no school that day and the teachers will all be gone. It is a great day in a couple of ways. For one, there is no school. Two, the teachers are gone; and three, it is a Friday. Kind of like the perfect storm but in a good way.

Update on Friday. It was a bad night again for the girls basketball team. They lost by 15 and it was a team the probably should beat. The coach went ballistic and is going to shake things up for the remainder of the season. He didn't even hold practice this weekend. He told the girls he didn't even want to see them.

The Christmas party was fun. We had some very good wine and food. The gifts were wonderul and it was a very nice night to relax and get together as a department without having to talk about work stuff. I wouldn't want to do it every week but it really is nice once in awhile.

Jess wanted to go to the gym this weekend and shoot baskets. Drew, Jess and I went to the gym and played for about an hour. She beat me in a couple of one on one games because I am terribly out of shape. I did beat her in "horse" though. I have to admit she has a very quick "first step" in basketball.

This week, both kids have games on Tuesday and Jess also has a game on Thursday. Drew's game is here in town but I will miss Jess's game Tuesday night. I have to go to the DMACC mentor/mentee orientation from 6:30 to 8:30.

I got my Christmas shopping pretty much done this weekend. Drew and I went out and spent the day together. We had a good time. The shopping kind of sucked but the time with Drew was good.

I am not sure what this week will bring but if I were to guess, I would say it will be pretty slow. Most people are going to just want to get through the week so I would imagine they won't want to be bothering me too much.

Off to start.