Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday is wearing a steel tipped boot as it kicks me in the face!

Well, we are back at it. MONDAY! du-du-du.....(Sinister music playing)

The holiday weekend was good but as I look at the calendar it is four full weeks until Christmas break! Dang, Thankgiving came early this year. I notice November 1st was on a Thursday so that pushed the fourth Thursday in November a bit early. Now it is the long four weeks until the next break.

I guess you can tell I have been working at a school for too long when I seem desperate for a break like Chistmas. In reality, I still work every day of the break except Christmas and New Years day but when everyone else is gone, it is like a break. I am tired of people.

On that note, I think I will stay in my office as much as possible the next four weeks. I am going to not schedule meetings unless they are absolutely necessary. Kind of a work hibernation. Still working hard but staying away from the masses.

Ok, the break went pretty well. The kids enjoyed their trip to Nebraska. It is always a whirlwind when you have to push it all into a 24 hour turn around trip. It was good to see everyone.

The kids had a busy weekend. Jess had practice Friday and Saturday. She also had a volleyball scrimmage on Sunday night. Drew spent the night at a friends house Friday night and they both went to the lights parade downtown.

Yesterday I ran cable tv into Drew's room. He is now able to watch all of his favorite shows in the comfort of his bedroom. He has to change channels out in the living room but not that big of a deal.

I ran into a snag trying to run the cable line. I got a scredriver stuck in the wall and it was stuck good. It took be about 45 minutes to get the dam screwdrive out. By the end, the screwdriver was broken and I was damn worn out. Anyway, the cable got run.

I also hung up a towel rack in the kids bathroom.

The husker season is over, Callahan has been fired and the search for a new coach begins. I read that Bo Pelini was interviewed, Turner Gill will be interviewed and even Barry Alverez would be interested in a head coach/AD role. I guess we wait and see how it all turns out.

Both kids have games here in Perry on Tuesday. Drew also has a game Thursday in Adel and Jess has a home tournament Friday night and Saturday.