Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I keep washing but I can't get the responsibility off!

The weather is cold again today and staying cold for the rest of the week. I have hear a little about a snow storm coming on Saturday. Not sure of the details of that one but apparently something is coming our way.

Drew's basketball team won last night. They actually played pretty well. He scored four points and had a couple of rebounds. It was nice for them to get a win.

The girls got killed last night. They lost by 20 points or so and it was a pretty poor perfomance. Jess did ok but she got in foul trouble early, she had three in the first quarter, so she sat most of the first half and she never seemed to get back into the groove in the second half. I think she was more worried about NOT fouling than playing good basketball.

Oh well. It may be a long season but they are young and should get better. This group is mostly Juniors and Sophmores so they are more like a JV team than a Varsity team. Only time will tell.

So I have had an uneasy feeling this week at work like there is sometime big about to happen. I don't really have anything on the radar so I am not sure what is causing the uneasyness. I don't like it.

So far this week, my plan to stay in my office hasn't gone well. I have been out handling problems and have two meetings today. We are having some grade book issues and I have to talk to the staff at the middle school today.

It seems that everyone came back from Thanksgiving break a little pissed off. Not sure why but everyone has seemed very grouchy and short. Whatever! At least I have Nancy as a partner in pain. Couldn't make it without her (she does all the work...:)

I heard from DMACC yesterday. They needed me to scan my transcripts and email them. They ones I faxed weren't legible. It seems that I am good to go on the instructor gig but don't want to jinx it so I am not counting on it. I think it will be cool to teach college classes.

Hillary Clinton was in Perry on Saturday. She came to the high school and nobody really new about it. The superintendent didn't know. I didn't know. Our buildings and grounds director found out through the rumor mill and happend to track down the CIA people as they were walking the grounds on Wednesday. It was very odd that our AD, who is also our facilites director, didn't bother to let anyone in the school know she was coming. Most of us found out by watching the news on Sunday. How wierd is that?

There aren't any games tonight. Drew has a game tomorrow in Adel and Jess has a tournament here in Perry on Friday night and Saturday.