Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday - Like walking into a neighborhood pub

Every week my mood is a bit better on a Friday. This week is no different! It has been a long and difficult week but it has come to an end. I have noticed that a week typically has a trend. If it starts off well it typically goes pretty well. If it starts off rough, get ready for a long week.

Weather is still cold and we have a chance of getting some icky weather on Saturday and Sunday. I have the snow blower in the garage but I need to get my gas can filled so I am ready for the winter.

Drew's team lost last night but he had a good game. He made two shots from way outside and got a few rebounds. He was two for three on the night for four points.

Jess plays tonight and tomorrow in the Perry Jayette Classic. Two of the three teams coming are ranked so it may be a couple long games. We play the weakest team tonight and then match up with one of the ranked teams tomorrow. I hope they play well even if we lose.

The high school boys team played Wednesday night at Wells Fargo arena in Des Moines. We have a semi-pro team in Iowa and the boys had a game in that arena before the pro game. We got hammered. I think the score was 83-30. We lost by 53! Jess said it was Karma because the boys bailed on the girls game when they started to lose.

I bought some turkey gravy and heated it up with some chopped up turkey. I poured that over rice and that is what we had for dinner last night. It was a very simple meal but it was good and the kids liked it.

It may be a good weekend to make Chili. I think I have all the ingredience I need and it has been awhile since I have made a good batch. I like to have a bit of corn bread with it so I will have to check to see if I have a mix.

A few weeks until Christmas. I have all of my shopping to do yet and should probably look at the calendar to see which day I want to take off to get it done. Every year I take a vacation day to get my Christmas shopping done. It is kind of nice because I can get it done on a weekday when it isn't so frantic and I can typically get it all done in a day. There are few things I will buy online but almost all of it is done in one day.

Off to start my weekend. More Monday!