Thursday, November 29, 2007

I think it is a two dog night!

The cold weather is setting in and it looks like we are either going to get snow or ice over the weekend. This is not sometime I am looking forward too.

Yesterday was a bit of a frantic day in the office. We found out the problem with the grade book and now are working like beavers to get it fixed. It is a long tedious process that has a tendency to make one grouchy. Such is life!

The tech office right now has an attitude. We are getting a bit tired of the problems and the complaining and the poor treatment and are in desperate need of a break. Yesterday Nancy told me we both should find different jobs and get the hell out of here because this sucks! Those are truly words of wisdom.

I have a bunch of turkey left over so I made creamed turkey over mashed potatos for dinner last night. The kids like it and this was the last night this week we will all be here for dinner. Tonight Drew has a game in Adel and tomorrow Jess starts her BB tournament. Jess told me last night that her basketball coach took her aside last night and asked her how many shot she shot in the game on Tuesday. She said "one". He told her she needs to shoot at least 10 times a game or she isn't doing her job. He also told her she is going to be a great player for him and he wants to work on her shot after practice some days so she needed to let him know when she can.

I have to make note of this before I forget. Sometimes I come home from work, like last night, and just feel about done. I mean the day is long and I am tired and a bit grouchy and to say my mood is down is a bit of an understatment. The one thing that has consistently made me feel better is little Molly. She is sooo happy to see me and just sits with me and keeps me company. Just petting her and having her on my lap seems to be calming. She can't take away my worries but she can help take the edge off. Dogs unconditionally love and it really helps with the anxiety. I gave her a bath last night.

When the kids were little we used to read this book about a guy who had a bunch of dogs and they would sleep with him. On warmer nights he would only have one dog sleep with him but as the weather got colder, the dogs would all sleep on the bed to keep him warm. Each night he would say, based on the weather, how many dogs would sleep with him. On the coldest of nights it would be a five dog night. Kind of a fun memory of reading to the kids.

With Wednesday behind us, the weekend is in clear sight.

More tomorrow.