Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday - Like a hair in your scrambled eggs!

In the constant loop that is my life, we are back at Monday once again. I have made it very clear how I feel about Monday so I will not spend time repeating the disgust I am feeling right now. Thank God for coffee!

The weekend was ok. I went to the volleyball tournament. We ended up 2nd out of 8 teams. We played in the championship game but came up short. Jess played really well and continues to get better each week.

Drew went to the movies with his friends Saturday night. The saw the new Resident Evil movie. I love those movies but will probably wait until it comes out on video to watch it. Going to the theatre is very expensive these days.

Jess was invited to a birthday party out on a farm. It was this girls 16th birthday so she was having a big bash. They was rumor that they were going to have liquor out there so Jess and a couple of the girls on the volleyball team went out to dinner an then to watch some movies. The skipped the birthday bash because they didn't want to be out there if there was going to be liquor.

The Huskers lost 41-6. This may be the worst Nebraska team I can remember. The only other one that may have been as bad is the one that lost 77-10 to Texas Tech a few years back. It was Callahan's first year. I am expecting another ass kicking from them this year as well. Is it possible for us to lose the rest of the games this year? This team sucks and it is ruining my season. The Broncos lost 41-3. They may suck just as bad as the Huskers this year. My football season is not going well.

There isn't any school today. It is a full day teacher's inservice. Tonight they have parent/teacher conferences. I am not going to the high school one but have to go to the middle school one because they are "student lead". What a waste of time! The school likes it because on paper they can say they have a large parent turn-out. But realistically, it is a complete waste of everyone's time. One of the many things "educators" don't get!

Tomorrow is Drew's last football game and Jess has a volleyball tournament here in Perry. I hope the weather is good.

It is a rainy Monday and I have a bunch of work to do today. I have been really feeling lazy lately and need to get my butt moving again.