Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Get out the sweat shirts - Fall is here!

The football game did not go well last night. We kicked off and the other teams first play from scrimmage went for a touchdown. They kicked off and we fumbled the return, they recovered and scored two plays later. We were quickly down 14-0. The team settled down and played better but not enough to get a win. We lost 22-0. It was a sad ending to Drew's season but the weather was good and nobody got hurt. Basketball practice starts at the end of the month.

The volleyball team had a good tournament. They came in second. The won all their games and lost in the championship game. They play well when we serve well and the back row holds up their end. Once our serves start to crumble and the back row isn't able to handle a serve from the other team, we lose. Jess played well again. She has several blocks and a bunch of kills.

Fall is here! The weather is chilly if not a bit cold in the morning. It is the fall crisp, clean morning air smell that I really enjoy. I also enjoy walking home from the games at night. The starts are bright in the sky, the air is cool and there aren't any bugs to bother me.

The tennant that are renting my house on first street are a nightmare. They are messy and let the yard go to pot. The bushes are overgrown, the grass is high and they just use the garage as a junk storage. They leave the door wide open and it just looks like crap. They are scheduled to move out by December 1 and I dread seeing how they leave the house. I am sure they aren't getting their deposite back but there is a point in which the deposite just doesn't cover the mess they leave behind. We started off by renting the house to them as a favor and it has been a headache almost from the start.

This weekend I have a bunch of yard work to do and it is kind of a good thing the huskers suck because I am not tempted to watch the pay-per-view. I will probably listen to the game but I can do yard work while I am doing that. It stinks that the huskers are so bad. It makes the football season very dissapointing.