Thursday, October 11, 2007

What is that sound off in the distance? Could it be another record being broken?

It is very cold this morning. I can take the chill pretty good but I am about ready to turn on the heat. Damn! Do I have a window open somewhere?

The weather is supposed to be decent today. Cool, cloudy and no rain. I have an early morning meeting but should be able to get a bunch of work done the rest of the day.

So last night the kids and I go to the store and get groceries. It had been about two weeks so we were getting kind of desperate. Anyway, we get our stuff and it was getting late so we drove through Burger King. We ate and then Jess had to go to an FCA activity. She was gone until after 9. When she got home we were sitting in the living room talking and she said, "Oh! by the way, I broke another school record last night." WHAT! She forgot to tell me all night until late?

She broke the school record for Kills in a game. The old record was 7 and she got 8 the other night. So she has two school records in track and now two school records in volleyball. She broke the school record for blocks in a game earlier this season. She will now have her name up on the record board, at the high school, four times. She acts like it is no big deal but it IS a big deal. How awesome is that?

Drew and I hung out and watch TV last night. We watched that show "Kidnation". I am not a big fan of the show. I think there is something up we don't see as viewers. They showed the kids cooking the first episode and since they don't show them cooking or eating. I am not so certain they aren't getting help. I think there is a bunch of hokie stuff up with that show and I am getting tired of many of the kids. Drew likes the show so I watch it with him on Wednesdays. It is nice for us to get to spend some time together, just the two of us. We talk and play and watch TV, it is nice.

Jess has a game tonight and it is over an hour away. I don't think I am going to go but she only has three or four games left so I am kind of on the fence. Most likely I won't go if Drew has homework. I will stay with him and make dinner and make sure he does his school work. Going to games far away is tough when you don't get back until late and then still have homework to do.

Friday is just around the corner. WHOO-HOOO!