Friday, October 12, 2007

I wish I had more art hanging on my walls

It is a chilly Friday morning but you know what? It's Friday! I would take a rainy, cold, hungover, tired, achy, hair fallin out Friday over a sunny, warm Monday. Enough said!

The volleyball team won last night. I haven't talked to Jess yet but Dawn called last night and said they won and played well. I will talk to her more this morning and find out the details.

Drew and I had another "guys night in". We had grilled chicken breast and mashed potatos and gravy for dinner, watch "My Name is Earl" and "The Office".

I enjoy my evenings with Drew. We have fun and I think I entertain him.

The weekend calls for yard work. I have leaves to rake, gutters to clean, yard to mow and sidewalks to clean. I also have a sink to fix, it is dripping, so I think I will take care of that this weekend as well. The only thing that can set me back is the weather. I think it is going to be nice Saturday but may rain on Sunday. I definitely need to get the leaves done Saturday.

I am not sure how much college football I will watch this weekend. The Huskers are playing Oklahoma State and that team has a decent offense. I hope we don't get blown out! I hate that I feel this way about the Huskers. It is like seeing a family member get beat up. The huskers used to be about tradition and Nebraska values. Walk-ons were welcome to come and take a shot at being great. Often they did. The huskers used to be like family. Today we have an AD that could care less. A coach that thinks he is still in the NFL and has no clue about what it means to be a Husker and a team that is caught between a incompetent staff and a fan base that has expectations of consistent winning seasons.

I will listen to the husker game and take the punches with the team like I have done all season. I never thought the program will fall to this level.

The Perry football team has only won one game this year and play a stong Lewis Central team tonight. It is another case hoping to not get blown out. The difference between a Perry loss and a Husker loss is expectations are different. If Perry wins, the town celebrates like crazy. A loss is just another loss and is not a dissapointment. I think the coach we have can turn it around. It is his first season and I think they will get better each year. Last year we didn't win a game. This year, so far, we have won 1.

My birthday is Monday and I don't really have any emotions about it. Last night I said to Drew, "What do you want to do Monday night?" He said, "Watch "Chuck" and "Heros", later on he said "Hey, Monday is your bithday. Let's celebrate that."

He makes me laugh.