Friday, October 5, 2007

That camel joke is still cracking me up.

I was watching 60 minutes the other night and Andy Rooney was on, at the end, as usual. He was complaining about licence plates from around the country. Now don't get me wrong, Andy has been a great at social commentary over the years and has made me smile from time to time but, come on! Licence plates? That what he came up with this week? Give me a break.

I am not sure why I felt the need to put that in my post but there it is.

Friday has arrived like a long lost friend and I welcome it with open arms. The weather is going to be HOT! I think in the 80's and tomorrow dang near 90. Oh well, at least it is sunny.

So for all the Husker fans out there - If you want to see the Husker volleyball team play. Come to Iowa. Tickets for the Iowa State vs Nebraska, November 11th, cost $1. Yes, ONE DOLLAR! Season tickets for Iowa State volleyball cost $40.

Football Friday so the kids are excited about going to the game tonight. Jess has her 12th man shirt and they will rush home from practice, clean up and head right out. The high school kids tailgate in the parking lot across from the stadium. They set up big canopy tent things and BBQ and just have fun so it is kind of like a mini carnival atmosphere there before the game. HS football, you gotta love it.

Ten days until I turn 39. I have one more year to enjoy my 30's. Truthfully, I won't really care when I turn 40. I am not even sure what day of the week my birthday is on this year so that is how important stuff like that is to me.

Jess has a volleyball tournament tomorrow. She has to be at the gym by 6:30 and we have to be in Waukee, which is about 25 to 30 minutes away, by 8:30. The tournament is supposed to be over between 2 and 4. I guess it will depend on how well we do. I will take some pictures for the blog and find the damn cable to connect the camera to my computer.

Huskers have a big game this weekend. I hope they win and if they lose, I hope it is close. Sad to say it has come to that!

Go Big Red!