Monday, October 1, 2007

What is the latin word for "this sucks"?

I really hate Mondays!

Jess has a game tonight and a game tomorrow night. She is playing away tonight and at home tomorrow. Drew has a game tomorrow night away. There is a change of rain and severe weather tomorrow and I hope it holds off so Drew can get his game in. He really loves football and they only play 5 games in 7th grade so if this one gets rained out, it will be a shame.

The weekend went pretty well. Nancy painted their house so Friday night Jess, Drew and I helped a bit. Saturday Jess went to the Faith Fest and had a great time. Drew went to the birthday party and had a good time as well. The weekends seem to go so fast these days.

It has been pretty windy here lately. I'm not a big fan of the wind.

The leaves are starting to fall and that is a beginning of a Fall suckfest for me. I get sooo many leaves in my yard it take a lot of work to get it all cleaned up. I think I raked four times last year and the third time I had 18 leaf bags full of leaves! That was only one of the four times. In the past I have burned the leaves to get rid of them and it takes a couple of weekends at least and it is all day both weekend days to get them gone. It is much better if it is dry. Last year we has a frost and the leaves never really did dry out so the burning was difficult.

I found a new show on Discovery Channel that I like. It is called "The Truth About Food". It is a bunch of scientist and they do experiments on the effects of food on the human body. This weekend I learned:
  • The"Detox Diet" is a sham and has no effect on the humand body.
  • Eating small amounts of food throughout the day instead of three meals gives you more energy and makes your more productive.
  • Eating oily fish such as salmon and tuna 4 times a week can really lower stress levels of the body.
  • Cafeine only makes you productive if you are addicted to it. If you don't have any caffeine for a week, your productivity returns to the levels it was when you were on the caffeine highs. It takes a week without caffeine to "get clean". You will experience excruciating headaches during the withdrawl process.

There were some other ones but nothing that I want to go into here.

Other shows I watch on Discovery is Survivor Man, Man vs Wild, Dirty Jobs.