Tuesday, October 2, 2007

They say a camel can roam the desert for weeks without water

It looks like we may be getting some rain today. Drew has a game tonight and the timing of the rain seems to be coinciding with game time.

Last night I helped Nancy paint her house. They still have a bunch of work to do but we got a great deal done yesterday. The weather was great but these little black bugs were all over. The little bastards kept biting me and they seemed to be everywhere. I hadn't been that swarmed with bugs since I was in Alaska out in the field. Just thinking about it makes me start itching.

There is a documentary on IPTV Sunday abot Perry. It is called "A Little Salsa on the Prairie". It is about the latino migration to Perry and the change in industry with the meat packing plant and the impact on commerce, education, etc. It sounds kind of cool and I know some of the teachers are going to tape it. I would like to watch it but I don't think I have that channel on DirecTv. I guess I will borrow someones tape sometime.

Work has been going pretty well lately. I have a few little issues but things are so much better than they were. We have our big state report due Oct. 15 and once that is off, everything else gets a bit better.

Jess and Drew both have games tonight. I am not sure if I am going to go to Drew's game yet or not. It starts at 4:15 and in out of town so it is a push for me to be able to leave work early enough to see it.

I am going to take the digital camera to the game tonight so I can get some pictures of Jess playing for the blog. If I go to Drew's game I will get photos of him as well. I try to take pictures on my phone but they are not good.

I will leave you today with my favorite joke:

Two camels are walking in the desert and one turns to the other and says "I don't care what anybody says, I'm thirsty!"..........hahahahaha

Have a great day today!