Friday, September 28, 2007

Insert Friday Here!

This has the potential to be a fantastic Friday. The weather is going to be good. I have work to do today but it is, at this point, nothing that is urgent or stressful. I am going to have Chinese food today for lunch, which is one of my favorites and last but not least the weather is going to be nice on Saturday so the weekend outlook is good.

The volleyball team lost last night 1-3. Jess played pretty well but they just don't have a complete team. They have two or three solid players and the rest are mediocre at best. They will do ok this year hopefully use the remainder of the year to develop players for next year. They have all but two players back. I am not a big fan of the coach. I think she is like most of the team, mediocre at best.

Drew is going to a friends birthday party this weekend and Jess is headed to the "Faith Fest". I am going to clean the house and try to make it livable by the end of the day Saturday. I also plan on watching some football and listening to the embattled Husker game on the Internet. I hope they beat Iowa State. It is a statement how far the program has fallen that a loss to Iowa State wouldn't be that big of a suprise. Thank you Mr. Pederson, Mr. Callahan and Mr. Cozgrove. Filthy Bastards!

I really am glad to have this week behind me. It has been a long one. It was filled with meetings, anxiety, frustration, some laughs and good productivity. I can feel the rythm of the workload slowing down and that is good.

My birthday is coming up and the kids keep asking me what I want. I really don't want them to get me anything. I don't want them to spend their money on me. They work hard for it and I want them to spend it on themselves. I would be happy if they just made me dinner and did the dishes after.

I have many things that I want but I hate to spend money on those things. It seems that if I can get by with what I have I would rather not spend the money on better stuff. I also worry about the other house we have and the tennants moving out at the end of October. Having to start that house payment again and take care of the place is not something I look forward to so it is a constant worry. I think I have the worst luck when it comes to trying to sell a home.

Well, I am off to start a good day in the great weather and hope to have a wonderful weekend.

Go Big Red!