Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A little rain into each life must fall

I have found it to be interesting livinging in Iowa for many reasons but one of the things that occurs every four years is the Iowa Caucus. This is the first primary type event for the presidential election and with Iowa being the first, we get every politician all the time. Since the first of the year, we have had visits from every candidate and commercials like it was an election year. I mean we are a year away from the election and they have been campaigning here for a long time. We even get candidates here in Perry.

I had an Internet outage yesterday so I was unable to make my weekday post. I hate it when that happens! Last night I still had some trouble so until I got my connection fixed I found another connection in the neighborhood and hopped on it for about 30 minutes. Isn't wireless great?

Both kids have games tonight. Drew has a home game at 4:15 and Jess has a game in Carroll. Jess also has a game here on Thursday. There may be something this weekend as well but I am not sure. It is either this weekend or next.

I am disgusted with the Huskers! I look forward to football season and they play like this? Cosgrove must go. As "they" always say, "Defense wins championships". It looks to be a long season.

So I mentioned state pride on Friday. I think Texas probably has the most state pride. Call it arrogance or being simple but Texans seem to think Texas is the only place on earth. Like the old story goes: "A guy walks into a bar in Austin and orders a drink. The guy next to him say, "Where ya from, stranger?" The guy says "New Jersey", the first guy says, "What part of Texas is that?"

I told you all a story about the farter man at the grocery store. Well I saw the stinky bastard again this weekend. I almost went up to him to see if he was still farting through life or if it was just a case of bad beans that day but my better judgement got the best of me and I stayed clear. For the rest of his and my life, I will always remember him for that one moment at the store where he farted in line and acted like nothing happened. I mean c'mon you fart loud and proud and pretend it was someone else or that nobody noticed? Give me a break. He is now and forever "the farter man".

As I was typing that it kind of came to me that we have little names for people at work and we really don't think about it when we call them those names. I mean, we don't call them the names to their faces but when we talk about them we refer to them with the little names that we find matches their personalities or physical traits. Here are a few of the people we know:

Skinny woman
Gravy
Wild Bill
Regular Bill
Boobs
BV

There are some others but I would rather not post them on the web.

More tomorrow - unless my connection is out.