Friday, September 21, 2007

Coffee, Beer, Tequila, Diet Pepsi and sometimes Water

Have you ever seen a movie or tv show where a guy or girl is rock climbing and they are at a spot they are kind of stuck and they have to jump out and grab a ledge that they can pull themselves up on and continue on?

Well, that is me and this weekend. I am the rock climber and I am leaping in desperation for the weekend. There hasn't been a great deal of stress but it has been just kind of sucky! One of those weeks that is grinding and long and full of stupid people and irritating situations. The tech office goes through cycles and this is one cycle I will be glad to get out of.

Football Friday today. The HS boys play in Carroll tonight. Both kids are going. Jess is going up with some of her friends. One of the girls mom is driving. Drew is going up after practice with some of his friends. Dawn is driving them up.

Drew got his school pictures back yesterday and he was disgusted becuase he said he hair looked funny. I told him that is the way it ALWAYS looks and he needs a dang haircut. Last time he got his hair cut his mom took him and she just had them trim it up. I told him he needed a haircut when he walked through the door after his haircut. Now he is convinced and wants to get it cut ASAP.

Jess has been drama-ing things up over the last couple of days. She goes through little cycles too and lately has been on edge and little things seem to be a big deal to her. She tried to keep it under wraps because she knows I don't take it well but it slips out and I make her tell me the issue and typically it isn't that big of a deal, she just over analyzes things (Women!)

Oktoberfest starts today. There is a celebration in Des Moines that start this morning and at 3:00 they have "The tapping of the golden keg!" FREE BEER!!!! All kinds of activities and festivities are going on. It would be fun to go to something like that but I wouldn't want to drive to Des Moines to do it. I think it is kind of fun to have the German style beer and the ethnic food and music. It is a nice celebration of culture. I like stuff like that.

A side note to the free beer deal. When I was in college we used to say our favorite kind of beer was "Free Beer". Our second kind of beer was "Free and Cold Beer".

Question to ponder over the weekend:

If you asked people in general, "What state's residence have the most state pride?", what state do you think people would guess? I think there is something good about state pride. People should be proud of where they live.

By the way, the Iowa - Iowa State football game was a shocker and in some cases the fans were very poor. For the most part it is all good fun but others take a bit too far and make it nasty. I can see why the didn't allow them to play eachother for awhile. It can really divide people as much as religion and politics.

Have a great weekend.