Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You might be a stupid ass if...........

So, Monday night there was an academic awards ceremony at the high school. We had received a letter a few days prior saying that Jessica would be receiving an award so we should attend. Well, I really didn't want to go and I figured she was just going to get an honor roll award, so when she got home on Monday and said "Do we have to go? I have a headache." I said "No, I think it is just an honor roll award and it would kind of suck to sit through an hour and a half ceremony to get your honor roll certificate." So we didn't go.

Yesterday, I was asked why we didn't go because Jessica won a bunch of awards. I ABOUT CRAPPED IN MY PANTS! So I found out what she won.

* A plaque for Outstanding English Student of the Year
* A trophy for Student of the Year for Physical Education
- She broke some 9th grade records in PE
* Certificate for Outstanding Achievement in Algebra
* Certificate for three consective trimesters on Honor Roll
* Academic Letter

She ended up being, if not the most, close to the most recognized girl in the school.

Don't I feel like a horses ass!

One of the teachers at the school chastized her a bit for not being present and told her the teachers would think twice about giving her awards in the future. I ended up writing a apology letter to the principal. It is bad enough not going as a staff member but not going when she was recongized so much and it was very obvious we weren't there. It would be one thing to get your name read once and not be there but to get what she got and for the Outstanding Student of the year in English, it was her and a boy in her class and they were supposed to stand up there for a picture for the yearbook. UGH!

Note to self: Don't be a stupid ass!

The games didn't go well last night. Drew's team tied! Why they let a football game end in a tie is beyond me but they did. It was fortunate I guess because we fumbled the ball three times in our own territory.

The volleyball team lost, I think. Dawn called to talk to Drew during the volleyball game and said they lost the first game badly and they were down 7-2 in the second so I assume they lost. I was asleep when they got home so I am not sure of the outcome but I am thinking they lost. The JV team lost as well and that is their first loss of the year.

Nothing big going on today. Jess has a home volleyball game tomorrow night. Drew only has two more football games left and they are both away.

In closing, a couple in Indiana, named their new born son, Wrigley. Mr. and Mrs. Fields now are the proud parents of Wrigley Fields. No lie. Did I mention they are Chicago Cubs fans?