Friday, August 17, 2007

Sweet sound of Friday

Yesterday was the day from hell!!!!!

Too much to go into here on the blog but in short, I had to talk to 50 ticked off staff members about a grade book change that was not popular and how we were going to adapt to the change. I had 110 people in five different computer labs schedule to start at 12:15 and at 11:15 the system was not working. I had less than an hour to figure out the problem and fix it before everyone rolled in. If it wasn't working, I would have had to cancell training and I am not sure when we could have done it again. I was telling everyone not to worry, I would have it ready as they strolled off to lunch. Inside I was crapping in my pants and working like crazy to figure out the issue. (I did get it working and training went off without an issue.)

I feel a great sense of relief today. I don't have any meetings or training sessions. I just have the day to get my work caught up. Yesterday as I was going lab to lab and working with the staff, when I came back to my office, I had 35 emails, 7 voice mails, 6 missed calls on my cell phone and 3 voice mail messages on my cell. I haven't even listened to them yet. I was wiped out and will deal with all of that today.

Jess is babysitting this morning. Nancy's son asked her to babysit his kids from 7 to about 12:30 or 1 today. She has an impromptu volleyball practice (a whole drama in itself) this morning so we had to make arrangements from 8 -9:30.

Drew is having a good time on his camping trip. He caught a big catfish yestrday and went swimming in the lake.

I have to cut the grass tonight but the weather seems to be nice so that will be ok. I need to spend some time on the yard, but I have to work this weekend and put in a new reading system for the high school. I am sure it won't be as long of hours as last weekend so I may get a chance to work on the yard.

I hope the weather is good where you are.

I am sure there will be much more of the saga for Monday. Have a good weekend.