Monday, August 20, 2007

Whatever happened to acid rain?

It was a weekend full of office work. I wasn't really planning on spending so much time in the office but it ended up being pretty much two full days. The main thrust of the work I wanted to get done on Saturday so I would have to work only a few hours on Sunday. Well, there was a problem with our student information system and it took me until about 3 yesterday to get it figured out and get it all fixed. Nancy brought in brownies so life was pretty good.

School starts on Wednesday. The kids say they are dreading it but I think they are ready to go back. They have their school supplies and some new clothes and are all good to go for the first day. Drew should start football practice almost right away so he will get busy quick. Tuesday we have a Middle School orientation that he has to go to. I am a presentor so I wont be able to be with him. He can either go with his mom or I he can hang out with me and then go the the his home room, when it is time, so he can get his locker and his lock.

Much to do again this week. Time is really flying. I don't really mind working the weekends so much but it seems to be the worst on Monday. It is kind of like having a hangover. You feel like you should be getting close to the weekend and you have only started your week. Oh well, the end is in sight and it will only be one more weekend, at the most for awhile. We should have all of the systems necessary for classes to run, ready to go by the end of today.

Jess played in a volleyball tournament Saturday. She said she did pretty well. Dawn says she is really hitting the ball hard and spiking well. I think they have a game in a couple of weeks so I should be able to see her then. She is babysitting today from 7 - 2:30 or so and then off to practice at 3:30.

I have to say, my morning coffee really helps me get through the day. I have fallen into a bit of a routine as of late and my morning coffee is an essential component. I have really been wanting to start exercising again but I am finding it hard to find any part of my day that I have the gumption to get moving. Morning are terrible lately and evening I am so tired I don't feel like going for a run. Quite the dilemma! Maybe once my work life slows down a bit I will have more energy to fit it in.

Tomorrow I will share how I am coming to terms with Drew being and Iowa footbal fan.