Friday, August 24, 2007

Phylis Diller Rocks!

We ended up playing golf last night. Not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing. It seems that everyone in our league is forfeiting their matches so we have not had an opponent for three weeks. We get all the point when this happens so we received 12 points in the last three weeks. That gives us a total of 16.5 points for the year. (We were in last place.) The ridiculous thing is with the forfeits we have a shot at the playoffs.

I played like crap last night, which is becoming the standard for my game. I am not sure what the hell happened but I just can't seem to hit it clean anymore. Oh well.

The rain continues around here. My pump is pumping water out all the time so it is good that it is working or else I would probably have water in my basement.

Drew must have had a rough practice yesterday because when I got home from golf he was sleeping. Jess had a scrimmage last night. They apparently did pretty well.

So the food at Casey's is pretty good. I get food from there more than anywhere else in town. Here is the rub; it is a freakshow anytime you go into a place like that. It doesn't matter where you turn, there is a weirdo, a freak, a nut job or some other type of person in there. Barnum would have to look far to restock the freak show at the circus. (Side note: As I type this I realize that I shop there so I must therefore include myself as part of the circus)

Anyway, I like to get my lunch there. They have good pizza sandwiches, etc. I am always amazed at the quality of employee they seem to attract at these type of stores. I have seen a range of crack heads(Seriously), metally challenged, angry, crazy and just plain lazy. The one employee that I can think of that seemed to be nice and helpful with at least a sense of intellengence had a odd physical trait. She always wore white shirts and her nipples would always stick WAY out. But that's not all folks, the nipples always pointed different directions. One almost straight up in the air and the other either down and to the left.

Now I try to maintain a bit of decorum when out in public so if such an occurance were to happen in a normal environment I would try to keep my eyes away from the entire chest area; however, this was such an oddity and so extremely visible and attention drawing it was really hard to not notice.

I guess the point of my story is that if you really feel bad about yourself. Maybe you have gotten a little heavy, as in my case, or maybe you are just having a bad day. Stop by your local convienence store and take a gander. Life could be much, much worse.

Have a good weekend!