Monday, August 27, 2007

Is the bottle half empty or half full?

I spend the weekend catching up on my yard work. It was a beautiful day to be outside so I took advantage of the weather and got a bunch of stuff done. I cut and trimmed the lawn, I trimmed some bushes and cut down a few bushes and a tree. I halled it all away and got it cleaned up.

Drew mowed a couple of lawns this weekend so he has a bit of spending money again. He is not a real big spender so he is getting a pretty big nest egg.

Jess cleaned the house and helped me outside. She had a bunch of homework and I would guess she spent about 6 hours working on it. I don't think I spent 6 hours on homework my whole high school career.

We, Jess and I, also went to the store and got groceries. We were in desperate need. We also stopped at Pamida and bought a palm tree. I put it in the front yard but I don't think it will make the winter. I will try to cover it and hopefully it can make it. It was only $12 so I am not out much if it doesn't make it.

I made Manacotti for dinner last night. It turned out pretty good. I don't make it the traditional way. My recipe is onions, ground beef spaghetti sauce and velveeta cheese for the meat mixture. I stuff the manacotti with the meat mixture, put it in a baking dish, cover with sause and mozerella cheese and bake. I also broiled some bread and butter and we had peas. It was a pretty good meal. I am taking the left overs to work today. I like it better the second day.

Next weekend football starts and I couldn't be more happy about it. There is something about watching college football on Saturdays that makes me happy. Once the season starts it gives me something to look forward to on the weekend. I think we need things in our life to look forward to. It is the little things that makes life more interesting.

Jess has her first volleyball game of the season on Tuesday. I am supposed to go to the golf league, end of the season steak dinner. I am think I will go to the volleyball match. She also plays on Thursday and Friday so I have plenty of opportunity to watch her play. Our football team has its first game on Friday night, here in Perry. I hope they win. We have a new coach and I really like the guy. I hope he does well.

Question of the day: If you had $1,000 just to spend (I know $1,000 isn't a lot anymore) what would you spend it on. I find $1,000 to be interesting becuase it isn't enough for a really big thing but it really could take care of a bunch of small stuff.

I will post my answer tomorrow.