Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wonderful Weather

The weather this morning is perfect! It reminds me of football weather. It is slightly cool, in the mid 50's, dry and sunny. I love it!

We lost at golf last night. (Big shock) I am still playing like crap. I did ok for most of the round but had a couple of holes from hell and that was that. We lost by 4 strokes and our season ends, thank God.

I do have one more golf outing. I am playing in a tournament on the 23rd that usually find to be a fun time. I have played in it almost every year so I am playing in it again. As the weather cools down I may take Drew or Jess out with me and just play some rounds for fun. I think that is what I need to help my game is just relaxing golf where I am not worried about every dang swing or looking stupid. A few rounds to get my confidence back.

I got my beef yesterday. Dave went and picked it up and Nancy put it in my freezer. Talk about curb side service. That was very nice of them. I was golfing and the kids were at practice and they hooked us up. It is nice to have a freezer full of food again. I had just used my last pound of hamburger on Monday so it came just in time.

Jess has a game tonight. I think I will go. It is in Adel and they play four matches. I will miss the first one but will see the last three.

The kids are looking forward to going to Nebraska. They haven't been to Exeter in quite awhile and they are really excited. I am going to have Jess drive most of the way, she doesn't really want to, she needs the experience. She gets her license in Feb.

Work was a big piece of crap yesterday. Many, many problems and they were the bigger kind so only me or Nancy could work on them. We have four in the department but two of them really are just front line techs without much real knowledge. When the big stuff is hitting the fan, it is Nancy and me in the middle of it. Yesterday happened to be one of those days that mostly big stuff was happening.

The office is a mess. We have computers and boxes everywhere. I need to spend some time this morning getting things organized and re-prioritizing my list. I think I may have the other two come to the office to get some computers out.

Life is just humming along. I know time is going fast it just seems that I get so focused on the minute by minute issues that the hours and days seem to slip away.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am really looking forward to it.