Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Golf Playoffs

So did I mention that I made it into the golf league playoffs? We were in last place going into the last three weeks of league. The the team we played a few weeks ago couldn't make it so they forfeited. Two weeks ago the team we played couldn't make it so THEY forfeited. Last week another forfeit. Three weeks of forfeits gave us 12 points which put is in second place and qualified us for the damn playoffs.

It should be short lived because we stink this season. The playoff match is tonight. I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow. I think this is God's way of sticking it to me. I have been playing the worst golf I have played in years and yet, somehow, through fate, here I am playing a bit longer.

Ok, I forgot to say how I would spend $1,000. Here it is:

* Get some new clothes for work
* Get three pair of new shoes. Running, and a black and brown pair for work
* Buy two hose houses for the yard. Those are the things you put your water hose in and it rolls up.
* Buy a wheel barrow (sp)
* Buy a new hat
* Get the window in my car fixed
* Save what was left for a rainy day

Simple needs for a simple person. :)


Jess played in a volleyball tournament last night. They won the first game and lost the other two. She played pretty well but the back row players aren't very good so the passes to the setter were poor which made the sets poor which didn't give the hitters a good ball to hit.

Work still stinks.