Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What the hell is that smell?

So there is a smell in my garage and I am not sure what it is. I thought maybe something died in there but I looked and can't seem to find it. I have my garbage in there so it could be that but I can't imagine anything that I would have eaten, smelling like that.

We are getting a bunch of rain here in Iowa. Not so much where we live but up north a bit. There is a town up there that got 5 inches last night. They have had rain for a few days and that 5 inches seemed to push everything over the edge. Houses are flooding.

The other day a guy in town decided that he was gonna kill himself so he had a gun and was waving it around all crazy like. Our school resource office was on duty so was called to the scene. He arrived and the guy came out and was waving the gun around. He was about to kill himself when the office shot him. Well he died. The office was put on administrative leave and they waited for the autopsy. The office is a friend of mine. We coached basketball together last year and he works at the school so I know him pretty well. He is a good guy and I am sure he is going through a lot right now. He has a son in Drew's class.

The autopsy came back and showed the officers bullet did not kill him, it was a self inflicted shot that killed the guy. I was happy to hear it but it is one of those wierd things that happen. It seems like we have a bunch of wierd things happping here.

So I was watching "Last Comic Standing" the other day and one of the comedians was referring to immigration and said "They want to keep all the illegals out and they are going to build a wall to keep them out..........Who do they think is going to build the wall?". It cracked me up so I thought I would share it.

I had a dream the other night that dad bought a hot air balloon and was using it as his mode of trasportation. I need to go somewhere and he said "Hop in the balloon, I'll take you there." I told him I didn't want to ride in the stupid balloon because it is slow and you couldn't possible control where it goes, with the wind and all. He ended up talking me into it and away we went at like 2 mph. I was ticked off the whole time beause I was going to be late and we are just floating along........ It was a funny dream and I have no idea where the whole hot air balloon - dad connection came from. Wierd what the mind comes up with.

Have a good day today!