Thursday, August 23, 2007

Whoever is doing the raindance-----can you give it a break already?

Another rainy day here in central Iowa. Here in Perry we aren't in too bad of shape it is just wet and the grass is long because we don't get a chance to cut it. To the north is where the flooding is the worst.

The first day of school went as well as it could have. All of the new system we put in place over ths summer seem to be working well. There were a few minor issues but nothing that we couldn't take care of in a few minutes and it was mostly just little configuration adjustments. When you put in as many new systems as we did this summer, the first time they are used could be a bad thing but it appears we did a good job of getting things ready to go so, yeah us!

The kids had a good first day. Drew is glad to get back into the routine. I think he missed seeing all his friends all the time so he is happy. Jess has some real witches in her class that she got to spend some time with yesterday so it was up and down for her. Girls can be the biggest snot bags.

It is the last day of golf league. I think it may get rained out and that is ok. I really could care less one way or another. I will be fine with playing if the weather is good and just as fine not going and calling it a season if the weather is bad.

I actually feel so much better now that school has started. The week before, the teachers have nothing to do but bother the tech department for stupid little things. ("I want access to MySpace because I keep in touch with college classmates through it and I don't have the Internet at home.") ("I want to get to Ebay so I can "buy stuff for my classroom" )(whatever!)"

Most of the requests are ridiculous and they get upset when I say NO! Once the kids are back they are too busy to bother me with the little stuff. Well, at least the requests are not as frequent.

By the way, the stupidity of people is no longer a suprise to me. I honestly wonder how some people find their way home at night. I should make a list of all the stupid things people do and post it here sometime. I honestly think my IQ drops just by spending time with some of them.