Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Welcome Back Wednesday

Today is the day the teaching staff return to school. My day will be filled with meetings and prep for teacher training tomorrow.

I meet with my staff today and I will go over their work lists with them and my expectations for the week. There isn't much time to screw around so I want them on task.

Early this afternoon we have an "all staff" meeting. I have to setup some technology for that but it should be a piece of cake. I have a small presentation to give so that means I am stuck sitting throug the whole two hour meeting.

In the late afternoon I have to setup for the teacher training on Thursday. They have grade book training and I am the facilitator. This is mostly last minute stuff. Check firewall ports, make sure we can connect to the training site, give the teachers accounts, etc.

Thursday I will be facilitating the training all day. The "trainers" are 11 teacher we selected to learn the program from a trainer and they will train the rest of the staff. The "trainer" training is online so they sit at computers and we have a conference phone and the trainer walks us through the screens on the training site.

Drew leaves for his camping trip today. He mowed Nancy's lawn yesterday so he has a bit of spending money for the trip. He is a great kid when it comes to work. He goes and does it without complaint even when it is hot and humid. I am proud of him for this. He actually did do the cleaning yesterday. His mom told him to just clean the basement so he did the work. No grounding.

So I watched this show called "Solitary 2.0" last night. Man what a sucky show to be on! They have 8 people isolated in small chambers and they basically do psychological experiments on them to make them break and push a button to leave. The last one left gets money, not sure how much. Last night they had to sit in a little box and stay there for 3 hours. They had to keep the time on their own and get out when they thought three hours were up. The one who exited the box closest to 3 hours did not have to do the next experiment.

Later in the show the computer broadcasted the sound of babies crying into their chambers for 2 hours. Augh! Oh! They didn't get to sleep for 40 hours and only had a breakfast bar for the one meal they were allowed.

More saga tomorrow.