Monday, August 6, 2007

Humidity is a drag

It is Monday, August 6th and here in Perry that means it is school registration day. It starts at 12 and ends at 7. We will train the workers at 11 and it will take until after 8 to get everyone out and the cashiers balanced out. I go in at 7:30 this morning so it should be a long day.

The weekend was good. The kids got home Friday night. They had many stories to tell and I think they had a great time. I know they were happy to be home. It is amazing how much you can miss your shower when you are away.

This week so far I have plans for every night except Friday. Tonight I work late. Tomorrow night I have to cut the grass. Wednesday I told Drew I would take him to the Simpson movie. Thursday night I golf and Friday night I rest.

Jess has a volleyball camp in Indianola today and tomorrow. They leave at 6:30 am and will stay overnight down there. She should be home sometime Tuesday evening.

Molly has been a handful lately. Her potty training is hit and miss. She will do good for a few days and then poop in the house a couple times in the same day. AUGHHH! Good thing shes cute.

School starts August 22. Just a couple of weeks away. I checked out Jessica's locker at the high school. I was going to take a picture of myself and put in the locker so when she opened it the first day of school, there I would be, grinning at her. I decided to not do that when I thought she might change lockers. How embarassing would that be. Some kid opens their locker and there is my grinning face staring back at them. I am not sure who would be more embarrassed, Jess or me.

I will let you know how registration goes today. There are typically a couple of stories that come out of a day like this that will make you smile.